thegaygardener

Changing The World One Pansy At A Time!

Friday, April 06, 2007

Purrrrrr





I’m doomed! I am now officially addicted to yet another TV Show.
Showtime’s THE TUDORS. Have you seen it? It’s like MELROSE PLACE Meets MASTERPIECE THEATRE! Ok, sometimes it’s cheesy, JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS frequently slips back into his Irish accent (in his defense the show WAS filmed in Ireland) & it’s more of a “take” than an actual historic account. But it is so p.r.e.t.t.y.
And that’s just the MEN. The locations are beautiful & the costumes sumptuous. The wrestling match between JRM & the handsome EMMANUEL LECONTE as FRANCIS, KING OF FRANCE is worth TiVoing! But the real break out star is HENRY CAVILL as Charles Brandon, best friend of JRM’s Henry VIII. This guy is going to be a big star!

Kudos to The Walt Disney Co. For keeping the FAIRY in “Fairytale Wedding”!!!! Disney announced yesterday that it would open its FTW program to same-sex couples. The Fairytale Package includes a wedding planner, the ceremony, food & beverages, flowers & table decorations at a cost of $8,000. The deluxe package includes a ride to the ceremony in the Cinderella Coach, costumed trumpeters AND attendance by Mickey & Minnie Mouse dressed in formal attire! Having read that, I am not sure if this is what I would call progress!

Have you received this widely distributed email? If you have a cat it will ring completely true:

Excerpts From the Dog's Diary:8:00am: Dog food! My favorite thing!9:30am : A car ride! My favorite thing!9:40am: Walk in the park! My favorite thing!10:30am : Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!12:00pm: Lunch! My favorite thing!1:00pm: Played in the yard! My favorite thing!3:00pm : Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!5:00pm: Milk bones! My favorite thing!7:00pm : Got to play ball! My favorite thing!8:00pm : Wow! Watched TV with my master! My favorite thing!11:00pm: Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from the Cat's Diary:Day 683 of my captivity: My captors continue to taunt me with bizarredangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmatesand myself are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make mycontempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat somethingin order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is mydream of escape...In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomited on thefloor. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at theirfeet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearlydemonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely madepatronizing comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. The audacity!There was some sort of assembly with their accomplices tonight. I was placedin solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hearthe noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due tothe power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use itto my advantage.Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of mytormentors by crawling around his feet as he was walking. I must try thisagain tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that theother prisoners here are grovelers and snitches. The dog receives specialprivileges. He is regularly released -- and seems to be more than willing toreturn. He is obviously retarded! The bird has got to be an informant.I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I amcertain that he reports my every move.The captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, sohe is safe....... for now...


Here’s an interesting tidbit from PAGE SIX:
WHEN Ellen Barkin called into Bravo's live online show "Watch What Happens" Wednesday night, host Andy Cohen asked Barkin whether she "did it" with George Clooney on the set of "Ocean's 13." "Have you done it with George Clooney?" she asked back. Cohen then told her, "I'd like to quiz you on everyone you've ever done it with," to which Barkin responded, "I know you would. But you don't have enough time." The conversation eventually cooled off and focused on Barkin's favorite piece of furniture - her $60,000 leather coffee table.

I love that Andy Cohen!

Did I not predict months ago that the TOYOTA FJ LAND CRUISER would be THE car to have in Hollywood? Well, just this morning on my way the the beach in Santa Monica, I counted 12 of these babies in various colors on the freeway. Sleek, functional, versatile & fun!! I gotta get me one!

Another reason I feel so fortunate to live in Los Angeles is the abundance of calla lilies. They practically grow like weeds here, many of them decades old. And at Easter? Alleluia! I much prefer them to the standard trumpet Easter lily. Longer stems, prettier leaves, whiter blossoms & oh! The glamour!

A Happy & Blessed Easter to all of you!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home