thegaygardener

Changing The World One Pansy At A Time!

Friday, November 24, 2006

The Long Black Friday



Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

I always thought that "BLACK FRIDAY" referred to the Black Cloud of Depression that usually follows a spending-spree! Apparently it's an accouting term that refers to the "books" suddenly being in the black as opposed to the "red" of debt.
But, Sweet Jesus! There is no way I am waiting in line all night long on Thanksgiving to save 40 % on a sweater that the recipient is likely to return, or purchase some 50% off electronic device that's going to make my life more complicated. Now 75% off Christmas decorations on the 26th...I'll stay up for!
It's all H-Y-P-E!!

Another BONUS to living in California is the JADE Tree. This stuff grows fast, is very hardy, spreads! (you can make a fence out of it!) & at Holiday time actually flowers!! (See pic)

HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY to THE CHIA PET!! This thing was selling when WOOLWORTH's was in business! Who woulda thunk??

I LOVE an actress that gives her all to the role! But KEISHA CASTLE-HUGHES might be pushing it! You may remember her from 2004's WHALE RIDER for which she became the youngest actress in history, at 14, to be nominated for an ACADEMY AWARD for BEST ACTRESS!
Her latest role is as the Virgin Mary in the upcoming Christmas film: THE NATIVITY STORY! While shooting, the now 16 yr.old found she was "with child!" The father being her 19 yr old high-school sweetheart! NO Virgin Birth this! But she is a very mature young woman so it may all work out!

BREAKING NEWS: So my friends (?) just call me from Hollywood hot-spot, CITIZEN SMITH to tell me that PRINCE HARRY is dining there with some friends (mostly female!)
I can confirm he is not wearing the now legendary NAZI costume! But if one of these fair-weather pals do not deliver a PHOTO to me they can decorate their own damn Christmas trees!!

LET THE SHOPPING BEGIN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home