thegaygardener

Changing The World One Pansy At A Time!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Aftermath...

Photobucket

True story…. So I bring home Sam’s ashes after 2 weeks (!) at the pet mortuary (a long, unpleasant story) I walk into the house & place the box on a table in the living room. I call to “Max-the-cat” & say ,”Max! Sammy’s home!”Max comes running out, leaps onto the table & sniffs the box. And stands next to the box with his eyes closed in some silent animal tribute to his now gone best friend. This lasts about 10 minutes. I am awestruck. It was the most intimate & beautiful memorial I have ever witnessed.

The evening before we “went to the vet” Max & I slept at the bottom of the bed with Sam, who would only sleep on the faux leopard doggie bed that his Aunt Jen (Coolidge) bought him the Spring before. But only if this bed was placed on our big bed. I awoke at about 3:00 a.m. to see the three of us all huddled together. Max roused & I looked at him & told him that this would be the last night the three of us would be together as a little family. He must have realized what I was saying or what was happening because he started to “lick” Sam as if giving him a bath. I can still see the light of the street lamp illuminating the bedroom & the three of us round that leopard bed. Max never left Sam’s side for the next 12 hours. Till I carried Sam to the car.


t.s.elliot was wrong when he said, “April is the cruelest month.”It’s January! Not only is Christmas over & the credit card bills come due & the weather turns…but January is when my ex-the-famous-tv-star-now-dead dumped me. It was January 16th. He told me that he had decided a few months before that he “wanted to separate” I’m sure it had nothing to do with the model/caterer/whore he had hired to cook Christmas dinner. “Why didn’t you tell me this before?” I cried. “Because I didn’t want to ruin your birthday & Christmas” he feebly replied. “So you’ve decided to ruin Martin Luther King’s Birthday in perpetuity for me instead?” was my prescient reply. I have never looked at a January “white sale” the same again. But yea, I’m over it.

Congratulations to MARION COTILLAIRD on winning a GOLDEN GLOBE for her brilliant performance as Edith Piaf in “La Vie En Rose” (which as you know I have blogged about before) And also the luminous JULIE CHRISTIE who also one for “Away From Her” which I have not seen but heard fabulous things about her performance! Well done ladies!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love daddy's cigarettes and wine glass in the background!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home