thegaygardener

Changing The World One Pansy At A Time!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

G.G. in D.C. Part Deux

Due to technical difficulties the text for this post from Washington did not upload or download or whatever the hell, so here it is:

Enjoying these “lazy, hazy, crazy, days of summer”? I sure am.
Due to privacy & piracy issues, my client here in our Nation’s Capitol has requested that I not post photos of the remodel I’ve been doing. (No! It’s not anyone in Politics.) So in lieu of those photos, I’m sharing some random shots I’ve taken around town.

So many great flowers & trees still in bloom. I love California, but miss things like the stunning crepe myrtle shown above. Everyone here has some sort of garden, even if it’s only some lovely pots on the porch or a perfect box of geraniums. I spotted the statue of the mystery lady just peeking over the wall of some random side garden. And I watched that little bird take a bath for over an hour in front of a 7/11!

Like you, I am stunned by the rapid decline of Lindsay Lohan. Given recent rumors I’m thinking that maybe all this is an attempt to mask the pain of feeling “a love that dares not speak its name” if you know what I mean. Very similar to the situation another talented performer found herself in during the past decade. I think her name was WENDY DALLAS or something like that!

O.K. the sun’s up…gotta get outside

More later!

So I’m back in L.A. now & could not be happier! After D.C. I did a quick side trip to Las Vegas where I stayed at The Venetian. Which is so kitchy & “faux”, it’s funny. And besides who can even afford the real Venice now, with the “Euro Pounding the Dollar” every day? (Aren’t I clever to get another currency in that sentence?) Vegas is unlike any place on Earth. If you want to get a glimpse of the “real” America just walk the Vegas Strip. You’ll see hundreds of large white people in cutoffs & sexually explicit Tshirts browsing in top tier shops (Chanel, Dior, Tiffany) & eating at world class restaurants. I had one of the best meals of my life at B & B, created by legendary Chef Mario Batali. Superb!

Nearly killed coming back from LAX by some idiot merging into my lane with no warning or signal. Guess what? He was on the phone! I hope that very important call was worth the risk of both our lives. I suppose I should be grateful he wasn’t texting, then we would have been killed. This has got to stop! Did you see those 5 poor teenagers who were all killed because the driver was “driving & texting”? Insane. Remember when we didn’t even have cell phones?
I totally agree with Peggy Noonan:

“Cell phones are wonderful, but they empower the obnoxious & amplify the ignorant!”

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home