thegaygardener

Changing The World One Pansy At A Time!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

False Alarm



Ok so I may have been premature last month when I said that thegaygardener was back to blogging. So much has happened & I’ve been really busy as the summer has begun to rapidly breeze by.

I’ve just completed two smallish jobs & am working on gathering furnishings for a third, but in reality am thinking of packing it in. TheGayGardener By Appointment is just not proving enough to keep body & soul together.

It’s rather a perfect storm of things: The economy, gas prices, design services being a luxury not a necessity, trying to compete with more desperate workers who will undercut any reasonable quote so they can book 10 jobs in a day…none of them any good.

Today for example I am sitting here waiting for the mailman to bring me a check for a job completed weeks ago. Oh & I found these two posts on Craigslist today (complete with typos!)

Hi,
If you have an edger and can cut my grass and little by little improve my lawn and can start saturday, please leave your phone number.
I want to pay 50.00 per month for 2 visits per month.
• Location: westwood


GADENING JOB-TO DIG THE GROUND IN ORDER TO GROW SOME VEGETABLE GARDEN

SO IF YOU KNOW GARDENING FOR PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL DAVID MINIMUM WAGES WILL BE PAID.
310-659-**** THANKS FOR CALLING. 10 $ PER HOUR
• Location: beverly hills


I recognize that the services I offer are a bit more artistic but this is the kind of thing I am up against!

To add insult to injury, I submitted myself for an on-air job & HGTV that, sorry, I would be perfect for (“big personality, gardening knowledge, ability to turn trash into treasure!”) They wouldn’t even let me READ!

Who knows? Maybe I’ll go back to cosmetics! Its really like landscape design for the face!

OMG this is one of the most pathetic pity parties I have ever thrown! And the centerpieces are awful too!

Sorry!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home