thegaygardener

Changing The World One Pansy At A Time!

Friday, February 22, 2008

"Change You can Xerox"

Photobucket

Caroline & Oprah

I know, I know, I swore…but honestly, really, this is it? Sweet Jesus is there anyone under 40 who even knows what a Xerox is? I guess they still have them at law firms. And I remember the Xerox was the bane of my existence when I worked at that talent agency. (I used to volunteer to “massage” the Agency’s owner’s back rather than wrestle with that God damn machine spewing out the pages of some dreadful script! Of course this was in the pre- sexual harassment era.) Maybe this is an appropriate metaphor. Barack is the President for the “text generation” while Clinton speaks to the “stenograph” set.

While I was “out” I may not have mentioned that I attended a rally for Sen. Obama at U.C.L.A. Extraordinary! I’m sure you saw the coverage. Mainly because of the surprise appearance & endorsement of Barack by MARIA SHRIVER, the First Lady of California. CAROLINE KENNEDY was graceful, OPRAH bravely defiant, but the real star was MICHELLE OBAMA. She has gotten some bad press lately; but she spoke for more than 45 minutes without one single note & she was electrifying. Above is a photo I took from the rally.

I run the risk of repeating myself, but the only family that creeps me out more than those simian OLSEN TWINS are the ADAMS FAMILY from Down Under, THE IRWINS. Yes, yes, very sad about dad Steve, dying & leaving those kids without a father.
But Steve Irwin was an adrenelaine junkie who lived to take risks. And I was one of those people screaming when he was taunting that crocodile while holding his infant son. I remain unenthused by the star turns of the “Vegemite Shirley Temple, Little Bindi Irwin (who now has a look-alike doll named for her) but I blame her American mother, TERRI IRWIN Did you see this:

The 4-year-old son of "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin wasn't at all alarmed when he was recently bitten by a baby boa constrictor, according to his mother.
"He picked one of them up and it bit him on the finger, and he was so proud to have copped his first hit," Irwin's widow, Terri, said Monday at an appearance at FAO Schwarz with her two children to promote a new line of toys.
"He said, 'I hope it wasn't venomous,' so I assured Robert I wouldn't actually let him play with venomous snakes," she added.
Terri Irwin said the couple's 9-year-old daughter, Bindi, was first bitten by a snake when she was 18 months old.
The girl, who is featured in the Discovery Kids Channel show "Bindi the Jungle Girl," posed for cameras with a new action figure in her likeness.
"It's every little girl's dream to have an exact look-alike doll. It's amazing," said Bindi, who was signing action figure toys of her late father.
Steve Irwin, known through his nature TV series as a wrangler of crocodiles and snakes, died in 2006 from a stingray's barbed tail during an underwater documentary shoot. He was 44.
Irwin provoked an international outcry in 2004 after being filmed holding his then 1-month-old son while feeding a snapping crocodile.

“Copped his first hit”? Clearly the widow has spent too much time in the Jungle.

3rd day of rain in Los Angeles with more to come.  My new nightmare is that somehow; what with Global warming or climate change or whatever the hell they call it; I now live in SEATTLE.  And DALLAS is now Los Angeles.  I watched the TODAY show this morning & they were shooting from South Beach on a sunny morning, already in the mid-70's & thought what the hell am I doing here?  

Got on board a westbound seven forty seven
Didn't think before deciding what to do
Ooh, that talk of opportunities, TV breaks and movies
Rang true, sure rang true
(Chorus)
Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California, but girl don't they warn ya
It pours, man it pours

Out of work, I'm out of my head
Out of self respect, I'm out of bread
I'm underloved, I'm underfed, I wanna go home
It never rains in California, but girl don't they warn ya
It pours, man it pours

(Chorus)


Will you tell the folks back home I nearly made it
Had offers but didn't know which one to take
Please don't tell 'em how you found me
Don't tell 'em how you found me
Gimme a break, give me a break

-Albert Hammond


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home